Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mexico

“Brokenness is the shattering of my self-will – the absolute surrender of my will to the will of God. It is saying “Yes, Lord!” – no resistance, no chafing, no stubbornness – simply submitting myself to His direction and will in my life.” Nancy Leigh DeMoss

I, Simon Peter, am a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ. I write this to you whose experience with God is as life-changing as ours, all due to our God's straight dealing and the intervention of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ. Grace and peace to you many times over as you deepen in your experience with God and Jesus, our Master.
(2 Peter 1- The Message)


Next blogs coming from Taxco, Mexico......

Please pray:
1. For safe travels and safety while I'm there
2. Interactions with my ISU classmates and host family
3. That I would be able to learn Spanish well and effectively communicate with others
4. For my time with Jesus this summer- that I would be broken, and be brought to greater depths of worship and joy

My prayer for you:

My response is to get down on my knees before the Father, this magnificent Father who parcels out all heaven and earth. I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit—not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength—that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite him in. And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you'll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God.
Eph. 3:14

No comments:

Post a Comment